Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Time of My Life

The time of my life

Twelve years of constant strife
Not a part of our day-
But of our life.

Everything began
Twelve years prior,
Hopes and dreams
We shall now acquire.
Time exclusively,
Decides it all
Our inner drive-
Too weak,
Too small.

Oh what a shame!
To be dictated by time
Lead so insincerely
Isn’t that a crime?
I guess now
After pondering the years,
Nothing is as it looks
Seems, or appears.

A lesson is taught
By the fourth dimension,
Should have put in more effort,
Paid more attention.
Too late, times up
There goes your last chance.
Peek at your photos
Take your last glance.

Now that it’s almost done,
It feels as if it had just begun
Those twelve years of constant strife,
Have given me, the time of my life.

-Jon Wimer

No comments: